The battle over “Redskin” continues to rage in Social Circle.
A Morgan County sheriff’s deputy responded to a call regarding a missing teen and found two juvenile girls and a 22-year-old man hiding on the outskirts of the Rutledge town park.
The lawyer for a teen who killed two men wants his client to receive the minimum sentence, but prosecutors are seeking the maximum — life without the chance of parole.
In the same year the state saw a major transition in leadership as Gov. Brian Kemp began his term as the successor to Nathan Deal, Walton County saw numerous shifts in leadership all over the county throughout the entire year.
State energy regulators approved a rate increase for Georgia Power Co. on Tuesday that will raise its basic service fee for residential customers during the next three years by $168 a year.
If Walton County to avoid becoming like Gwinnett County, it will take planning. Because much of the inertia, the private development, and the pressure, is to become like Gwinnett.
- Court upholds life sentence for teen convicted of murder
- Harbor Freight coming to Monroe
- Football Previews: Road tripping
- Johnson: Getting used to the new normal
- Softball: Grove wraps up 2 region sweeps
- Cheerleading: Two LHS cheerleaders named All-State
- Middle school football: Warriors fall short in battle of defenses
- Walton EMC named a Water Hero
- ’Til death
- Death ruled a homicide
- Social Circle won't change Redskins mascot
- COVID-19 sidelines GWA football
- Police still tight-lipped about death investigation
- Jon William Connelly
- Man found dead in home
- BREAKING: GWA game against Union County canceled
- Deputy shoots suspect in Oconee
- Softball Roundup: League leads Lady ’Canes to first win