Walton County commissioners have asked the state to create a new government board that could borrow money to build parks and other public spaces.
Former state Sen. Rick Jeffares is asking voters to send him back to Atlanta. He is running to succeed Burt Jones next year in a district that includes southern Walton County.
A standing-room-only crowd watched Walnut Grove get a new mayor and two new City Council members. Officials said they hope those citizens stay involved with their government.
In the same year the state saw a major transition in leadership as Gov. Brian Kemp began his term as the successor to Nathan Deal, Walton County saw numerous shifts in leadership all over the county throughout the entire year.
- Bringing It Back
- A Fond Farewell
- Curtis Charles Fairman of Monroe
- Violent sexual criminal pleads guilty, sentenced
- Bobby Joe Haralson of Monroe
- Howard Brown missing since August 1986
- Lassie Eleanor Long Queen
- Monroe teen still in ICU after shooting
- Roe v. Wade ruling brings applause, criticism and protests
- Officials green light $26.3 million budget
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.