A man died hours after a Walnut Grove crash that ended his pursuit by sheriff’s deputies.
Former state Sen. Rick Jeffares is asking voters to send him back to Atlanta. He is running to succeed Burt Jones next year in a district that includes southern Walton County.
A standing-room-only crowd watched Walnut Grove get a new mayor and two new City Council members. Officials said they hope those citizens stay involved with their government.
In the same year the state saw a major transition in leadership as Gov. Brian Kemp began his term as the successor to Nathan Deal, Walton County saw numerous shifts in leadership all over the county throughout the entire year.
- Campton woman arrested on drug charges
- Piedmont Walton requires upgraded masks for visitors
- Publix will be opening in weeks
- Council overrides mayor
- State Supreme Court upholds murder conviction
- JDA to meet Tuesday
- City approves a reconfigured plat for Baccus industrial park
- Stepping aside
- 'Personal attacks' lead to canceled meeting
- Kipling S. 'Kip' Mercer
- Get the $10 kit that could save your life
- Justice Stephen Breyer to retire from Supreme Court
- Publix opening Feb. 2 in Monroe
- Rivian responds to environmental criticism
- JDA members hear from opponents
- GWA sweeps Athens Academy
- DA connects public servants, nonprofits
- Redskins finish second in state wrestling duals