Board hears from people who want to keep nickname
SOCIAL CIRCLE — The Social Circle Board of Education voted to approve a new student resource officer agreement for the coming school year, switching service to the Social Circle Police Department after several years with the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.
At this time of year in education, we generally think about the ending of a school year and all the events that come with that, especially graduation. Graduation is sometimes referred to as a commencement which really means a beginning or a new start. So for this article, I choose not to thi…
At the end of the day, the goals are simple: safety and security. When former Connecticut Governor Jodi Rell made this statement, she probably did not realize how prophetic those words would become throughout our country and more recently in our schools. Who would have guessed 50 years ago …
January is typically a time of reflection and change but also a time of thankfulness for the opportunities we have been given. The opportunity I have as superintendent of Social Circle City Schools places me in a very important position, that of seeing student successes in many arenas. The p…
George Bernard Shaw once said that progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
What a great start we have had to the new school year at Social Circle City Schools! Numerous improvements come to mind, but highlighting the 2017 graduation rate for Social Circle High School seems most appropriate.
- Kemp accepts election results, wants changes
- Votes added in recount
- 15 diagnosed with COVID-19 at Loganville High
- Loganville car arson investigated
- Social Circle 44, Greene County 7: DROUGHT OVER
- Missing votes not enough to avoid runoff
- Monroe Area 19, Hart County 16: ’Canes clinch No. 2 seed with win over Hart
- Audit confirms Biden victory in Georgia
- Loganville 31, Walnut Grove 3: Rout to the playoffs
- Kemp names Monroe man to state board
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- The year we were thankful
- 3 charged with having meth
- Missing sex offender arrested
- Call of suspicious person leads to arrest on gun, drug charges
- Board extends rules for absentee voting
- Georgia school board moves to wipe out year-end test grades
- Lawmakers demand election changes
- Recount not likely to include signature matching