Tests canceled, proms and graduation ceremonies could be rescheduled
The Walton County Board of Education is poised to approve a new construction project that will lead to major renovations and new construction at Bay Creek Elementary School.
The Walton County School District has finalized its rough draft calendar for the 2019-20 school year, and district officials feel they’ve met all the requirements this year.
As we are nearing the end of another successful school year, I want to first thank our students, teachers, administrators and staff members for their hard work and commitment this year. In partnership with our families and community, we continue to provide our students with exceptional educa…
As Walnut Grove High School seniors are getting ready to graduate and enter adulthood, students reflect on some memorable moments in their high school careers.
Typically, Dr. Carole Hicks, a Walnut Grove High School assistant principal, starts off her day with hall duty at 6:55 AM, and ends school at 2:40 PM. But this is the only thing typical about her day. Hicks is a 24-year veteran Walton County school administrator. A brief overview of her job …
For the first time in the school’s history, Walnut Grove High School in Loganville is offering an Advanced Placement class to its freshmen students. Specifically, AP Human Geography.
The Walton County School District values our community and the resources that local tax dollars provide for us. We work hard to efficiently use taxpayer dollars to provide a top notch education for all students. You may often hear us say that “we strive to provide the best education we can a…
As we head into the holiday season, I want to express my gratitude for the students, parents, administrators, teachers and support staff who work diligently to ensure our schools foster engaging and effective learning environments for all students.
- Loganville to issue stay-at-home order
- Police break up large crowd in Monroe
- 2 cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Walton County
- Newton probate judge confirms COVID-19 case
- Piedmont Walton treating 5 for COVID-19
- Martinez signs county's first stay-home order
- COVID-19 cases climb statewide, but fall in Walton
- Kemp not ordering mandatory curfew, business closures in Georgia
- First Walton resident confirmed to have COVID-19
- Monroe mayor bans gatherings of 10 or more
- State offers delays on income tax, vehicle registration
- WCSD addresses extended school closures
- SCCS issues response to school closure
- Abuse cases on rise during shutdown
- Statewide shelter-in-place order coming
- Kemp says schools closed remainder of year
- Sheriff suspends jail visitation
- Amber Alert issued after Macon homicides