Austin Herndon, a 2019 graduate of Loganville High School, has been appointed to West Point.
The Walton County Board of Education is poised to approve a new construction project that will lead to major renovations and new construction at Bay Creek Elementary School.
Loganville Christian Academy’s pre-K through third-grade students enjoyed a presentation and reading of “Lola Dutch When I Grow Up” by husband and wife Kenneth and Sarah Jane Wright.
Loganville Christian Academy will offer a new "hybrid model" of education for kindergarten and first grade, mixing the traditional school setting with at-home education.
The Walton County School District is one of 10 school districts in Georgia being honored by the College Board with placement on the seventh-annual AP District Honor Roll.
Valdosta State University signed articulation agreements with Athens Technical College on Monday, simplifying student transition between the two institutions of higher education.
A home-schooled student from Loganville was announced Wednesday as one of about 3,000 winners of National Merit Scholarships financed by U.S. colleges and universities.
Tim Bullard, a graduate from Loganville High School, doesn’t start at the Georgia Institute of Technology until next week, but he goes in already a sophomore in college.
WALTON COUNTY – One of the common refrains in education is the need to get parents more involved in the schools, in the classroom and in their children's’ learning process.
MONROE — Reading, ‘riting and ‘rithmetic were back on the agenda for the Walton County Chamber of Commerce as it hosted an “Education Summit” at its latest membership luncheon, inviting superintendents and headmasters from the county systems to speak on Walton education efforts.
WALTON COUNTY — All students in Walton County Public Schools tested on grade level in the recent Iowa Test of Basic Skills, but system officials said more work could be done to improve test performance.
WALTON COUNTY — Last year, confronted with budget shortfalls and a need to save money, Walton County Public Schools shut the doors on the Walton Career Academy, the charter school that offered area students a chance to take career-oriented classes.
- Person injured in house fire
- Murder trial to begin Monday
- Mayor explains P-card usage
- Worker killed, man charged
- Making a plan for travel
- Monroe Area 38, Lakeside of Evans 10: Monroe rolls to victory, but top-10 showdown looms
- Mount Vernon 42, George Walton Academy 0: Too tough a climb
- Wesleyan 42, Loganville Christian 7: Wesleyan shows no grace to Lions in rout
- Child dies in crash
- Heather Rene Moss Ray
- Murder trial to begin Monday
- Local man among 6 arrested
- Kristen Renee Fowler
- It’s time to end the silence on what happened at Moore’s Ford
- Grayson man charged in Alabama restaurant shooting deaths
- Man critical after being hit by car
- Terry Lee Dulin
- Athletics: Walton County School District high schools to get Field Turf
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.