Tests canceled, proms and graduation ceremonies could be rescheduled
he FBI arrested a man in Gwinnett County on charges related to an alleged conspiracy to defund health care benefit programs by submitting fake testing claims for COVID-19 and genetic cancer screenings.
Georgia House Speaker David Ralston has doubled down on his request to delay the state’s primary elections by about a month due to concerns over coronavirus, after the state’s elections chief balked at that request last week.
Gov. Brian Kemp is sending more than 100 Georgia National Guard members to oversee operations at assisted-living facilities and nursing homes in the state where elderly residents have been infected with coronavirus.
Besides its unprecedented size, the federal bailout related to the coronavirus steers hundreds of billions of federal dollars to a variety of parties affected by the economic impact of coronavirus.
The leader of Walton County’s hospital is urging the county and its cities to order residents to shelter in place, in hopes of stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Gov. Brian Kemp issued two executive orders Monday, banning gatherings of more than 10 people and shelter in place for “medically fragile” residents for two weeks.
Faster processing of tests for COVID-19, clearing a backlog of past tests, the number of confirmed cases in Georgia has continued to increase. It's at 420 as of noon Friday.
Gov. Brian Kemp on Friday ordered more than $19.5 million transferred from the Governor’s Emergency Fund to go toward the state’s response to coronavirus.
- Loganville to issue stay-at-home order
- Police break up large crowd in Monroe
- 2 cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Walton County
- Newton probate judge confirms COVID-19 case
- Piedmont Walton treating 5 for COVID-19
- Martinez signs county's first stay-home order
- COVID-19 cases climb statewide, but fall in Walton
- Kemp not ordering mandatory curfew, business closures in Georgia
- First Walton resident confirmed to have COVID-19
- Monroe mayor bans gatherings of 10 or more
- WCSD addresses extended school closures
- SCCS issues response to school closure
- Abuse cases on rise during shutdown
- Statewide shelter-in-place order coming
- Kemp says schools closed remainder of year
- Sheriff suspends jail visitation
- Amber Alert issued after Macon homicides
- Coronavirus deaths surpass 100 in state