WALNUT GROVE, Ga. — Speed tables on two main streets will be up for discussion in a called meeting Thursday in Walnut Grove.
The City Council will meet at 2 p.m. to discuss several items, including speed tables on Park and Church streets.
Council members meet in the city Municipal Building at 1021 Park St.
The full agenda includes:
- The 2020-21 and 2021-22 budgets
- Replacement of a 1994 Ford F-350 bucket truck
- Replacement of a 1993 Ford F-350 utility truck
- Estimates on roofing and improvements to the exterior of the public works building at 1121 Park St.
Council members will receive updates on other projects, including:
- Speed tables on Park and Church streets
- The stream bank stabilization project on Park Street
- Expanding the capabilities of the sewer plant
Three action items are also on the agenda:
- The purchase of a 2012 Ford F-350 Super Duty bucket truck
- The purchase of a 2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty utility truck
- Roofing of the Public Works Building at 1121 Park St.
The city also gave notice it has received an application from Salim Ismail to rezone a site of about 0.7 acres at 1651 Highway 138, Loganville, to C2 from C1. A public hearing will take place at 7 p.m. April 6.