Shed Fire

A shed off Marble Rock Way in Monroe, Ga., caught fire Tuesday afternoon, July 28, 2020. A lightning strike was believed to be the cause.

MONROE, Ga. — A lightning strike caused a fire that burned a shed Tuesday.

It happened in the 1600 block of Marble Rock Way in unincorporated Monroe, near Between.

Assistant Chief Craig League of Walton County Fire Rescue said the department responded to the fire in a 10-by-10 outdoor shed. The building was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived.

“The shed was a total loss, as well as the contents,” League said.

Fires caused by lightning strikes have been commonplace in recent weeks. Loganville and county firefighters responded to a fire likely caused by lightning on Old Zion Cemetery Road on July 21. Earlier that day, Walton County Fire Rescue responded to a fire on Mystic Drive north of Loganville.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.