Two years ago, Walton County mourned the passing of former Loganville football coach and Athletic Director Tommy Stringer. I reshared the story of Coach Stringer’s passing Tuesday on our Walton Tribune Sports Facebook page because I felt some people needed to be reminded of how much of an im…
I ran this column around the same time last year and with Wednesday being national signing day I figured its appropriate to broach this topic once again.
We, and by that I mean David Johnson and myself, have a habit of using this space to rail on the Georgia High School Association about various issues. Some of it is warranted and some of it isn’t.
Sometimes you get some sad news after a happy event and that’s exactly what I had happen last week after the Monroe Christmas parade when I heard about the passing of one of my high school football coaches.
- Student injured in car crash
- Crash victim is MAHS football player
- Man shot in Tanglewood
- Loganville attorney Austin Jones indicted
- Austin Jones surrendered, released on bond
- FBI seeks Gwinnett man wanted for fraud
- ‘It’s about more than pink’
- Information sought after Newton County death
- Man charged in brother's death
- Monroe man indicted on murder charge