The Walton Tribune is proud to announce its 2019-2020 All-County basketball teams.
The night of my final football game as a Monroe Area Purple Hurricane, after we lost 18-15 to Rockdale County, I sat in the big painted M at the 50-yard line and bawled my eyes out.
All SEC athletic competitions, including regular season games, championships and spring football games, have been canceled due to the ongoing threat of COVID-19.
As of March 5, 2020, Atlanta has gotten 7.58 more inches of rain than Seattle. I feel like I need to grab my life jacket out of the boat. Assuming my boat doesn’t float away first.
For the second straight year, Loganville’s Janae Charles led the county in rebounding, finishing with 8.9 a game. But she added a very important dimension to her game this fall.
Sheldon Arnold of Loganville recently signed a scholarship to continue his football career at the East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, Tenn. On hand for signing day were, from left, front row, grandmother Patricia Arnold, father Sheldon Arnold, brother Simeon Arnold, Sheldon Arno…
Max Cummings of Walnut Grove recently signed a scholarship to continue his swimming career at Emmanuel College in Franklin Springs. On hand for signing day were, from left, front row, father Rob Cummings, Max Cummings, mother Holly Cummings and sister Charlotte Cummings. Back row, sister Jul…
It might have started slowly, but the 2019-20 high school basketball season ended up providing us with plenty of highlight and memories. It’ll be remembered for drought breakers, coaching milestones, and surprising finishes. Let’s recap…
The University of Georgia baseball team defeated Georgia Tech 9-3 Sunday, March 1, 2020, at Coolray Field in Lawrenceville. The win capped off a three game series between the Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets, with UGA sweeping the series.
Loganville Christian Academy's boys basketball team defeated Creekside Christian 77-68 Thursday for a spot in the GISA state title game Saturday night at Georgia Southwestern State University.
Baseball has always been a favorite sport for me to watch. I have been fortunate in my sports journalism career to follow several quality programs and individual teams which have made strong postseason runs.
Two years ago, Walton County mourned the passing of former Loganville football coach and Athletic Director Tommy Stringer. I reshared the story of Coach Stringer’s passing Tuesday on our Walton Tribune Sports Facebook page because I felt some people needed to be reminded of how much of an im…
Walton County's GHSA affiliated schools have few fines, ejections so far this year according to a recent report released by the GHSA.
- Loganville to issue stay-at-home order
- Police break up large crowd in Monroe
- 2 cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Walton County
- Newton probate judge confirms COVID-19 case
- Piedmont Walton treating 5 for COVID-19
- Martinez signs county's first stay-home order
- COVID-19 cases climb statewide, but fall in Walton
- Kemp not ordering mandatory curfew, business closures in Georgia
- First Walton resident confirmed to have COVID-19
- Monroe mayor bans gatherings of 10 or more
- Statewide shelter-in-place order coming
- Kemp says schools closed remainder of year
- Sheriff suspends jail visitation
- Amber Alert issued after Macon homicides
- Coronavirus deaths surpass 100 in state
- Appeals court strikes down chance to unseal records
- Gwinnett man charged with health fraud
- Outbreak affecting funeral plans